Wednesday, June 4, 2008

School's Out For the Summer!

Today was a cool day at work and home. It was the last day of school for the kids (we still have to work) so we had a huge celebration all day. We played games and cooked out and had a big water balloon and water squirter fight. We danced and ate and laughed and had so much fun. We had a staff musical chair game and let's just say my new nick name (along with Rasputia) is Musical Chair Nazi. (Evil laughter--I'm not a cheater I'm an innovative thinker...no one can take the last chair from you if you carry it around the circle under your butt or slam all the competition out of the way with your big butt--I knew I have been maintaining this thing for a reason.) It was also great because the staff who are annoying and not-so-nice with the kids stayed away from the festivities (I think fun is against their religion or something like that) so the kids were able to really let loose and enjoy themselves without the threat of someone being evil to them for it. Kind of like Ms. Hannigan on Little Orphan Annie, "Is that laughter I hear??!" Anyhow the day ended great and I'm glad all the kids had such a blast. I am almost afraid that I had more fun than they did.

I decided to get home early and fill a bunch of water balloons up. Then when it was time for the kids to get off the bus Scott and I hid in the bushes by the front porch with our stash of balloons and had the front door locked. When the kids got up to the porch we jumped out of the bushes and yelled, "BANZAI!!!!!!!" and attacked them with water balloons. They started running and we chased them (which resulted in me falling and twisting my ankle--but like a good soldier I finished the battle by rolling on the ground and launching balloons). Somehow Katie got through with only her feet wet so when she got inside I snuck in the kitchen and filled a water squirter up and then I jumped into the living room and nailed her right in the back. Then we all got changed into our bathing suits and went to the lake and swam and went out in the boat. We even brought Suzi who did a little surfing on her boogie board and went on boat rides. My Aunt and Uncle came out and swam with us too. It was all so much fun and I wish everyday could be such an adventure and filled with so much joy and laughter and surprise. The kids were very impressed that we made such a big deal over the last day of school. The only glitch was because there was so much water assault involved today--there was no camera on me. I just have to be happy with all the pictures in my head.

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Awesome! I think you needed that!!!