Thursday, June 12, 2008

Georgia Ducks

I have been in Georgia for the last few days taking a much needed reprieve from the hustle and bustle of life at home. I feel so at peace here in nature. I have been helping my parents take care of the turkeys, ducks, chickens, and guineas. We released the turkeys yesterday night and then a hellacious storm came and blew down all these tree limbs. It also hailed and knocked our power out for 11 hours! We were so afraid something happened to the turkeys, but this morning they were fine and had flown into the duck pen to weather the storm. We let them out and then I did something I have never done before--I was a duck herder. My mom and I rounded up the ducks and herded them down to the pond because they are finally old enough. Their little feet were flip flapping on the trail all the way down. I like to think of myself as a "Duck Whisperer" because they followed me around the pond when I went back to check on them later. I just sat in the swing by the pond for a long time and watched the ducks swimming and they came and hung out right by my feet. It was so relaxing! I told my mom that people should not be using prozac for mood disorders and depression, they should just go get some ducks and watch them. I think I will talk to Walgreens and see if they can start dispensing water fowl to treat depression and anxiety. I think I may be on to something here....

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Better yet, perhaps insurance would cover your trip... :O) I hate that I missed you, but glad you got some much needed R & R.