Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nature Therapy

My visit at my parent's house is drawing to a close and I have really benefited from the nature therapy. One day I saw a deer, a rabbit, a bevy of quail, two black snakes, hummingbirds, wild ducks, a squirrel, and some butterflies. That was just in one day! I don't know of many people who live in such a paradise of nature. I hope to be living here one day soon myself. I have enjoyed not only the wild animals but also the company of my mom's dumb ass dog, the chickens, guineas, ducks, and in some regards the turkeys (turkeys aren't exactly cuddly creatures). We released the guineas the other day because they were getting too big to be in pens. They have had a little chicken growing up with them because she was too small to be in with the other chickens, so we released her with them. She copies whatever the guineas do and she is getting spots like them too, so I believe she thinks she is a guinea. I like to go out there and when the birds see me coming they run up to me (I know it's just because they think I'm their meal ticket) and my dad said he really thinks I'm a duck whisperer because they seem to like me so much. I can put my hand down and all the guineas run over to me and the little chick will jump in my hand. Some of the guineas will let me pet their backs. I think all this animal contact has been very good for me...I haven't needed my blood pressure medicine the entire time I've been here. I'll soon be headed back home for a while to take care of some business and go to the beach, and then I am hoping to return to my ducks for some more of the peace they instill in my spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nature of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man.

Anonymous said...

Mind that has been stretched will never return to its original dimension