Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July

Granny & Katie at Uncle Shawn's

My cousin Joe and my Uncle Robbie & Suzi

This one is for the Dew--a rainbow in the middle of a storm cloud!


My cousin Summer eating a brownie!


My cousin Andrea and her boyfriend Kyle (I used to change her diaper...I can't believe she is old enough to have a boyfriend!)



The jet ski that the storm (with the rainbow in the middle) kept us from enjoying. The lightning was horrible. I think God was giving us his own light display for the Fourth of July.


Scott, Uncle Shawn, Joe and Uncle Robbie sitting by the lake waiting to see if the storm will strike or pass over (it didn't pass over).
We had a nice time watching fireworks on the lake after the storm passed. Our night really went out with a bang when Scott's ex called and said she was at the hospital in St. Pete with Jarhett because his appendix was ruptured. We have been there ever since then, and now he gets to come home tonight with an IV port in his arm that runs up by his heart. He will be on IV antibiotics and fluids for at least 21 more days. Upon reaching the hospital, his appendix had been ruptured for five days and he had lost 15 pounds and was very dehydrated. His mom thought he had the flu until he kept doubling over in pain and refused to eat anything. He had a procedure to drain some of the infection on Monday and we have to wait for antibiotics to clear up the rest before he can have surgery because he is too septic to open for surgery without releasing the bacteria into his bloodstream, which could be fatal. He probably won't be strong enough for surgery to remove the appendix until September. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. So far he is taking this like a trooper (I was the one crying).

2 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Please keep me posted on Jarhett. He is in my prayers!!! Poor kid, what a trooper...

Queen Annie said...

Thanks, your prayers are working!