Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beach Bliss

Hurricanes coming right up!

Me and my Honey

Lounging in the pool


Digging for shells


Gnarly surfers dude!


The three Musketeers get ready for bed


Montana looking at a little clear jellyfish Katie found on the shore


Dad and Mom being silly

Kids in the Mushroom Pool


The beach was awesome! I had to get over my fear of the kids being sucked up by a rip tide so I could actually enjoy myself, but I eventually did get over it. It turns out the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center was a pretty upscale place. The staff were SO helpful and friendly and the pools and rooms were so clean and nice. I was very pleased and I am VERY picky, so it has to be a great place. We could see dolphins jumping in the ocean from our balcony one morning! The tikki bar by the pools, did not have mint leaves to make my mojitos, so I had hurricanes in honor of Jenn. They are SO good! A very beachy drink. I got a wicked tan and it was fun to watch the kids exploring the beach for marine life. One of the best vacations ever, and I am so glad my mom and dad got to come with me. Scott came in second place in his golf tournament so he was also pleased with this trip.

2 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Looks like an awesome vacation. Thanks for the hurricanes in my honor!!! I know that is the only type you are interested in!!

I love your pics!! What a fun and much needed trip!

Queen Annie said...

Thanks, my mom has the best pictures in her camera...but I don't have a CD yet!