Thursday, November 15, 2007

Deer Fish

These pictures are amazing. I wish I knew who to give credit for them, but someone sent me this in an e-mail and it said they found this deer 1.5 miles offshore. They caught it and put it in their boat and carried it back to shore and released it. Apparently it was too fatigued from swimming to be combative about being brought into the boat. I wonder what in the world it was swimming out to sea for????? Sounds like a good starter for a children's story....The Deerest Fish of All, or the Deer Old Fish...okay, no more corny "deer" jokes. But you have to admit it is really remarkable. These are the kind of awesome nature photos I would like to capture one day. I'll keep my finger crossed for a better camera and some really confused wildlife!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you got your animal family members up! That's terrific. They're all very cute, too. (Especially Katie, of course)
My husband fished a deer out of the Bay here one time when he was lobster fishing. The deer was swimming but it was way out from shore, and it looked exhausted. His crew got a rope on her and got her on deck, and they confined her until they could get close enough to shore to get her off; she jumped over the side, swam in onto the beach, and away she went, to live to eat gardens another day...:-)

Queen Annie said...

That is such a cool story! who would think something like that would happen multiple times?! I still am wandering why they go out swimming that far. If only deer could talk. Thanks for the compliments on my family pics, I still have to add my turtles! I couldn't have done it without your expert advice.