Sunday, November 25, 2007

Boredom Breeds Beauty


Today was long and boring. I was mad for a good part of the day because Scott was supposed to take me to the zoo to see the baby panther BEFORE it is all grown up, but we stayed at home and did house work instead--what fun. After our housework was done I vegged out in front of the computer and messed around with itunes radio (which has a very annoying all Christmas all the time channel that apparently today was only interested in playing every version of The Little Drummer Boy EVER made) and read a bunch of random blogs that had interesting titles. I found a few that were very interesting and well written, but most of the others were trying to sell something and so they bored me further. Scott was lost in football land, so I grabbed my camera, my kid, and my dog and went on another nature walk down our street to see what photographic splendors I could find. First of all, let me just say that I have never seen (or almost ran into) so many banana spiders in my entire life. Good Lord! It is like their mecca-land in the woods by our house. Every few feet is a web with an upside down horror perched on it over its artfully constructed zig-zag pattern (which I am thankful for, because these really white parts of the web are what save you from not seeing the webs at all!). I got some pretty cool shots of wild honey bees gathering nectar from these weedy little flowers, a spider as big as my hand!, some really pretty (and again--unknown) flowers, and Katie. I am posting some of my favorites below. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Dewdrop said...

How, you're getting the hang of it... seize the day, my dear friend.

Dewdrop said...

Oops... meant NOW... not HOW... How Now Brown Cow?

Queen Annie said...

LOL!