Monday, May 26, 2008

Honeymoon Pictures

Our honeymoon was a bunch of stops in a bunch of places, so I picked one or two of the best photos from each place--since I took about 400 photos. I left out pictures from the Deer Farm until another post, because I want to use a bunch of those (it was my favorite place on the trip). Inside the Windsor Motel
The lobby of the Windsor Motel

The outside of the Windsor (complete with the annoying bus that screwed up my shot!)


The entrance to the Andersonville National Cemetery and Prisoner of War Museum



Headstones in the National Cemetery in Andersonville, GA



An alligator turtle in the road in Andersonville, GA


Inside the Whistle Stop Cafe where the movie Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed in Juliette, GA

Mom and Aunt Jeanne waiting for their fried green tomatoes



The Dew Drop Inn across the street from the Whistle Stop Cafe


Scott by the grill where "Frank Bennett" was cooked up in the movie



The Whistle Stop Cafe

The window of the cafe

The dogwoods in North Georgia were so thick in the woods it looked like snow!

On the bridge at Andy's Trout Farm
The Dillard House and its tulips!

A bird's nest at Aunt Jeanne's cabin

Mom & Aunt Jeanne relax in the hot tub

Thank God for hot tubs after hiking

The mountain dog that refused to leave the porch of our cabin

A view of a river from the Smokey Mountain Railroad ride we took

On the train

Ducks taking a break from nesting on the river

Us at the rafting and canoeing lay over on the train ride

An old house and barn from the train ride

A ground hog on a mountain side in Cherokee, NC

The Pioneer Museum in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park

At Angel Falls

Playing in the ICE cold water at Chimney Tops Park

Posing on a rock in the river in Chimney Tops Park

Horseback riding in Sevierville, TN

Elk had recently been released into the Great Smokey Mountain National Park and we saw them eating on the side of the road two nights in a row! This guy was HUGE and about 5 or 6 feet away from the van and not even phased by us. Note the radio collar.

5 comments:

Dewdrop said...

I love all the pics. It's almost like I was there with you...

Dewdrop said...

...but clearly I wasn't.


I am going to have to borrow your picture of the Dew drop in sign. Too cool!

Queen Annie said...

There wouldn't have been room for you anyhow--what with my mom and Aunt there! LMAO! I have more Dew Drop pics if you want me to e-mail them.

Dewdrop said...

Oh crap... I forgot to post those today... grr..

Anonymous said...

Good words.