Thursday, May 29, 2008

Deer Farm

We went to the Deer Farm in Sevierville, TN one of the last days of our honeymoon. It was awesome because I got to touch and feed a lot of animals that were on my bucket list to pet! Many of the animals here are rescues or were donated by people who couldn't care for them any longer. The staff were super nice and I recommend this place for anyone who is an animal lover or has kids who love animals and want a touchy feely experience!

This little goat was born a few days before we arrived and was about the size of a young kitten.


Here is the nanny goat with the two kitty-sized kids! The mom was only about the size of a small dog.


Scott fed apples to the reindeer.


Feeding the mini-donkeys! I'll turn him into a farm boy yet!



I feel so at home with the donkeys...I wonder why that is?

Scott fed the camels...eventually. At first he was afraid of them.
Okay, I admit it, so was I. They were really sweet to people, but not so nice to each other--fighting over the food!
I never knew Guanacos were SO soft!

This elk was a camera hog. He really should get an agent.

Scott feeding the elk.


This was a HUGE furry cow of some sort from Scotland.

I got to touch a zebra! I got to touch a zebra!

A zonkey is what happens when a zebra and a donkey fall in love...

This little deer kept following me around. Adorable.

All the deer loved me. I felt like a superstar!
There were other animals there too, like horses, rams, kangaroos, wallabies, pigs, prairie dogs, peacocks, etc. I am just too worn out this afternoon to add more pictures. We can't wait to bring the kids to visit this place.

2 comments:

Dewdrop said...

This is awesome. I want to ride a camel, so badly!

Queen Annie said...

You can ride one at our local zoo.