Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nothing Says Easter Like New Dresses and Baby Chicks

I took these pictures at my mom's house with chicks that she bought for her farm, NOT as Easter novelty items, just to be clear on that. As former Humane Society volunteer and director, I do not condone the purchase of animals for holiday use only. There are 8 different chicks used in these pictures, although my mom bought about 15. They are so precious and I loved taking these pictures.. I only wish my lighting had been better. Can you get salmonella from kissing a chicken???
Now you can count them since they've hatched...

I LOVE baby chicks mom!


Hey little chicky!

Prim posing in front of the pear tree.

Don't put all your chicks in one basket, they wouldn't fit anyhow...

Hey mom, can I keep her?

AWWW


New outfit, new chicks!


Take more pictures, Mom!

Ack! Chick fuzz on my lips!

How long before they can fly, Mom?

Sweet little chickies!


Oh, MOM they're SO adorable.

I would SO trade my Guinea Pig for some of these, Mom!

5 comments:

Dewdrop said...

OMGoodness! I cannot get over how much she looks like Emi more and more. I love the pics!!!

Mini-Dew's giant rodent is actually growing on me.

Queen Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Annie said...

Yes, she does look like Emi. It is scary! Some kids were picking on her freckles so I bought her two pictures that I hung in the living room, one says a face without freckles is like a night without stars and the other says freckles are kisses from angels. Our giant rodent needs a new home because I am seriously allergic to his hay. But he is so darn cute!

Dewdrop said...

Why do they need hay? I don't give mine hay???

Queen Annie said...

The hay is necessary for proper digestion. They have digestive systems similar to that of rabbits and horses and require lots of fiber to digest. It also helps keep their teeth trimmed down with all the nibbling.