Tuesday, December 11, 2007

God Has Spoken

I went to work today and had a great day. The department asked me to start directing the Christmas program, because they weren't very pleased with the other person's job and they felt I was doing all the work of it anyhow. They also had me make several props and stuff for the program (which happens to be the Grinch) and they all were telling me what a good job I was doing and how creative and awesome my props were. I felt APPRECIATED which was something I hadn't been feeling before. Then Coach asked me if I was going to help her coach the Special Olympics basketball team again this year and said she really wanted my help. The kids were having a great time practicing for the program and I was having a BALL directing them and showing them what gestures to use and helping them learn their songs. I felt like I LOVE my job again and those kids need someone who LOVES them. I had applications all printed out ready to send to animal hospitals and the zoo and something was holding me back from sending them. I kept praying for God to give me sign--WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING? WHERE DO YOU NEED MY SERVICE AND TALENTS? I went from loathing my job, to loving it again and I am SURE God was trying to tell me I am supposed to work with special kids/people and that even if I feel unappreciated and stressed, I am there for a reason and the kids appreciate me and THEY are who really matters in the grand scheme of things. Our Christmas program is going to be so awesome! Our first basketball game is Friday. I'm back in the swing of things and it's all for the kids!

1 comment: