Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Trip to the Keys-Day One

Right before our trip to the Keys Katie lost another tooth. The tooth fairy is having to reach into her retirement fund because the teeth are coming out so fast around here!

Enroute to the Keys I took various pictures that were interesting to me, like this one of a YELLOW John Deere. What blasphemy!
I couldn't believe I was actually riding through the Evergaldes, so I took a picture of this sign to make it more real to me.
We even went past the Everglades National Park...
Of course I talked my sweetie into driving because I can't take pictures and drive at the same time (ahhemm...Jenn...).
I was disappointed because by the time we got to this sign I had only seen ONE alligator on Alligator Alley and it was dead on the side of the road. Scott refused to stop so I could take a picture of a smooshed gator. I told him a smooshed gator picture is better than NO gator picture, but he was unconvinced. So I think they should change the name to Alligatorless Alley.
So I still had to settle for more pictures like this...not as exciting as I had hoped.
Then we finally go to the hotel. It was very nice. We stayed at the Key Largo Marriott Resort. Our room was great except the refrigerator was hidden in a false drawer in the dresser and we didn't find it until we were packing up to leave and Scott was checking every drawer to make sure we didn't leave anything behind. We could have had cocktails in our room at night...or even COLD water. I guess we will know better for next time.

This is Katie checking out the lagoon behind the hotel. We saw sharks in the water by the boat dock, so knee deep was the limit for exploring the reef.


Katie found a lot of hermit crabs in the reef, like this one who refused to peek out for the camera.

This was Scott over checking out the cabanas...I think he was trying to find me a cabana boy so he could relax...

Katie and Scott paused for a picture during their reef exploring (notice Scott is nowhere NEAR the water).

Scott snapped a picture of me getting ready to get in the pool.

I got revenge by catching a photo of him in the pool.

Some palm trees are really TALL.


And this was just our first day of the trip. Stay tuned for pictures of our dolphin and sea lion swim. I had to neglect my studies for too long to post this!

2 comments:

Dewdrop said...

I love your blogs! Great pics... sorry alligator ally was gatorless. Really does seem like a contradiction.

Queen Annie said...

Thanks! On the way home I saw 14 gators, appearantly they prefer the northbound side of the "Alley."